Wednesday, March 5

i feel so high...

my mom just called. she got the letter...here is a rough recap of our conversation:

me: hello?
mom: hey sis!
me: hey momma....(timidly, wondering if she got the letter yet)
mom: how are you?
me: ...good...(once again timidly)
mom: well, i got your letter and i don't have anything wrong with it.
me: oh...(lack of words)
mom: you know, i kind of suspected. i have been wondering about it for a while.
me: oh...(still no words)
mom: you are my daughter and i will always love you--no matter what. it just happens sometimes...
me: (mouth drops, tears begin to well)
mom: its nice to know why you have kind of isolated yourself from the family. i'm glad you told me.
(pause--i can't talk)
mom: you know, don't hesitate to let me know of things that you are dealing with because of it. i know i can't understand fully, but i would like to know. i know it has caused you a great deal of problems in the past.
me: yeah...
mom: and don't worry, i am not going to tell your father.
me: ok.
(pause)
me: i plan on writing brian a letter this week.
mom: ok...also i will talk to dr. ray (brian's psychologist) tonight about the conference call and let you know what we decide.
me: ok.
mom: well, i know you have somewhere to be right now..i just thought i'd call i just read the letter...i love you, sis!
me: i love you too.
mom: bye
me: bye

GEEZ! i can't believe it. it was that easy. okay. its going to be so hard to work tonight. i feel like celebrating!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home