Tuesday, June 3

had my first day at LEAP today (elena's new school). things look great. the teachers there are wonderful. i'm really looking forward to getting started with my full schedule. i am doing laundry at the house right now. i will overlap steph's therapy session via video monitoring. so nice. i can do laundry at my job. how cool of a job is this?! i get to play with kids all day, work with and adorable autistic girl, do laundry while conducting therapy sessions, be outside, etc. i am so lucky.

i had this sort of disturbing thought while following steph to LEAP this morning. not sure how to put the thought into words so i'm questioning the theory of thinking in word form. something about conforming in the way that people dress. i think that conforming to society's dress standard makes me feel like i have a place in the world. hmm...but its not me. will i ever be comfortable wearing whatever i feel? will there be a day when i don't have any thoughts of the social norm? that would be my utopia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home