Tuesday, June 25

it occured to me today that my life has lost all aspects of depth that once were. so this weblog is my attempt to resurrect a deeper understanding of myself and my life.

so i'm in boston for the summer, working a summer job with an autistic child. thus far, my job has proven very rewarding. its great being able to see, first-hand, how your efforts benefit others. basically, i go to preschool with my student and 'shadow' her. i act as if i'm not there, but redirect stereotopy (stereotypical autistic behaviors) in the least intrusive way possible. since autistic children lack social skills, i also prompt comments to peers in hopes that she will understand that being social is an alternate reinforcer to stereotopy. some afternoons, i run two hour therapy, which are conducted in a very controlled environment. if you are interested in the therapy details, i run ABA sessions....there is much info out there on this style of therapy.

i'm currently listening to the indigo girls in a room lit only by candles and my computer screen. i can hardly think of a more relaxing environment. i think i will try to create this environment each night before i sleep to ponder upon my life. tonight, the indigo girls have made me realize just how far i've progressed in knowing/living with certain aspects of my personality. i honestly feel that i am to a point now that i have never been in before. its funny how music can cause such retrospect. the moment the music started, i had a 'flashback' of emotions from junior year in high school. then, the emotions were hard to deal with....but now, they fill me with feelings of achievement.

that's about all my thoughts for tonight. i am now off to listen to the sounds of my past...and further understand the progression of my spirit, which i seem to have carelessly disregarded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home